Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment in accordance with the requirements of this state and the policies and goals of this facility.
Delegation of Authority
As Resident Assessment/Care Plan Coordinator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Conduct and coordinate the development and completion of the resident assessment (MDS) in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the resident assessment, including the implementation of RAPs and Triggers.
– Maintain and periodically update written policies and procedures that govern the development, use, and implementation of the resident assessment (MDS) and care plan.
– Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., as necessary.
– Develop, implement, and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the resident assessment/care plans.
– Assist the resident and Discharge planning Coordinator in completing the care plan portion of the resident’s discharge plan.
– Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
– Work with the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team in developing a comprehensive resident assessment and care plan for each resident.
– Serve on, participate in, and attend various other committees of the facility (e.g.,
– Policy Advisory, Quality Assessment and Assurance) as required, and as appointed by the Administrator.
– Provide written and/or oral reports of the resident assessment/care plan functions as requested or directed by committees.
– Participate in functions involving discharge plans as may be necessary.
– Evaluate and implement recommendations from established committees as they may pertain to the assessment and/or care plan functions of the facility.
– Maintain an effective, friendly working relationship with health professionals, physicians, consultants, and governmental agencies that may be involved in the resident assessment/care plan functions of the facility.
– Meet with and solicit advice from department supervisors concerning the resident assessment/care plan functions of the facility.
Nursing Care Functions
– Conduct or coordinate the interviewing of each resident for the resident’s assessment.
– Evaluate each resident’s condition and pertinent medical data to determine any need for special assessment activities or a need to amend the admission assessment.
– Develop and implement procedures with the Director of Nursing Services to inform all assessment team members of the arrival of newly admitted residents.
– Assist facility directors and supervisors in scheduling the resident assessment/care plan meetings.
– Ensure that the care provided is in accordance with the resident’s wishes.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Additional Compensation: Bonuses
Work Location: One location
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the Employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.